- 0 Comments
If you are like me and like many other people out there that make their living working in Microsoft Excel, you learn keyboard shortcuts over time that shave a second here, a few seconds there, and if you know enough of them they allow you to work pretty quickly.
But out of all of the Microsoft Excel keyboard shortcuts there are a few that really allow me to hum along, the ones that I use dozens of times per day. One of those is actually my favorite time saver. Can you guess what it is? Want a hint? I already gave you one, it is a “Time Saver”, date &/or time that is.
How much effort does it take to type a date and time into a cell? Can you do it without looking at the keys on the keyboard? My favorite keyboard shortcut for Microsoft Excel allows me to Insert a static date or time into an Excel cell.
To Enter The Date &/or Time
Select the cell you want to insert the current date &/or time
- To insert the current date, press Ctrl+; (semi-colon).
- To insert the current time, press Ctrl+Shift+; (semi-colon).
- To insert the current date and time, press Ctrl+; (semi-colon), then press Space, and then press Ctrl+Shift+; (semi-colon).
That is all there is to it. If you are required to enter time values in Microsoft Excel, this can quickly become your favorite Time & Date saver too.
Do you want to learn even more Microsoft Excel keyboard shortcuts? Learn from one of Canada’s Microsoft Excel MVPs.
* Debra Dalgleish‘s website -Microsoft Excel keyboard shortcuts.
* If you are looking for answers to your Microsoft application questions, and if you want those answers for free, then reach out to the amazing team of experts at Vbaexpress.com. VBAX is one of the leading Microsoft forums and it is.
* If you are an expert in any of the Microsoft applications, please join the team at Vbaexpress.com that answer the questions in Excel, Access, etc.
Call us now and get started today 877-392-3539