View Two Workbooks at the Same Time
- 12 Comment
Excel has a built-in way to be able to view two workbooks at the same time side by side. This can be useful when comparing similar values or graphs between workbooks without having to flip back and forth or without copying data from one workbook to the other.
Steps to Comparing Workbooks Side-by-Side
1. Open both workbooks you want to compare side by side.
2. Select Window–>Compare Side by Side with [workbook2]
3. There are two options for viewing the data of the two workbooks you are now comparing
- Click “Synchronous Scrolling” to scroll through both documents at the same time. Uncheck for independent scrolling.
- You can also reset the scrolling position to the starting position by clicking the button “Reset Window Position”.
4. When you are finished with your comparison, click Close Side by Side to return to the normal worksheet view.