Oct 9 2009

Ask Your Questions to Excel Hints

I receive questions all the time from readers of excel hints, both through the contact form as well as questions posted in the comment sections of posts.  So let’s start sharing some of these with everyone.

Going forward, I would like to work together with the readers of Excel Hints to make this a better site.  If you have a question that the other readers can benefit from, I will post the question and answer as a post on the site (if you would like to remain anonymous, no problem). I receive many great questions all the time that I actually have to do some research to answer – so I figure, why not share this with everyone. I’m sure if one person asks it, several other’s out there have the same issue.

So please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have, no matter how big or small, and let’s keep building Excel Hints as the place to get Excel answers.

Some ideas for questions include:

• VBA
  • Userform
  • Functions
  • Formulas
  • Controls
  • Macros
  • and much more…

Alright, now start asking your questions through our contact form!

Random Posts

TAGS:

1. Olga said:

I think this is a great idea. We can learn from each other.

I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I do the price sheets for our customers and I like to match the cell fill on the headings with the customers logo. In the old excel, all I had to do was change the color in Tools, Option, Color and I would always use the two last colors before the white so all I would do was change the color to my customers logo colors and voila all 9 pages of my workbook would change. In 2007, I have not been able to figure this out. Does anyone now how to do this without having to click on the cell and change the fill color?

Have a great weekend!

October 9th, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Hi Olga – thanks for the question.

I’m not exactly sure what you are asking… are you saying in the old excel you would change the colors in the options and then click on the cell headers and change them to those colors? And you aren’t able to do this in 2007?

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do. Let me know.

October 9th, 2009 at 1:39 pm
  3. Su said:

I am trying to average all values in a column without specifing a range. I want the average to change automaticly when new data is entered, so the end of the range would be any value greater than 0 in that column. I’ve tried everything I can think of, can you help?

November 19th, 2009 at 12:18 pm
  4. Automobile India said:

I am looking for scholarships or grants adult students that have returned to school in an Excel program hints?

December 2nd, 2009 at 6:01 am
  5. Adam said:

I am looking to create drop down menus for each of the cells. I know it can be done (I have done with it a macro, but just forget how to do it). I was wondering if there was any way to create a default choice for that dropdown menu… I haven’t seen it anywhere….

December 2nd, 2009 at 4:13 pm

What kind of drop downs are you using? How are you creating them?

December 2nd, 2009 at 10:27 pm
  7. Automobile India said:

I need to convert a .PDF file to Excel. Any hints or ideas?

January 2nd, 2010 at 2:26 am
  8. Ole said:

I have a question i have an excell spread sheet it has pt information at the end i created a hyperlink that takes you to each patient folder. i created a back up folder and on the new one the hyperlink doesn’t work and on the old excell spread sheet when i right click i can no longer make a hyperlink can some one help me please.

January 6th, 2010 at 4:27 pm
  9. Automobile India said:

How do i plot a marginal cost line in excel – inbetween markers on the same graph with line on the markers?

February 1st, 2010 at 11:31 am
  10. Mike said:

I am using Excel for Windows 95. I have written or entered data on a work sheet or spread sheet that I will keep and update every month. I have used 4 pages to enter my data on, numbered 1,2,3 & 4. But also with these pages there is 4 more plank pages with only cells on them. They are numbered 5,6,7 & 8. I do not want these last 4 pages. How do I delete or drop these last 5 through 8 pages without disturbing or changing my first 4 pages.

February 12th, 2010 at 6:47 pm
  11. Andrews said:

How can once retain the “Hyperlink” in excel…

Scenaria:I have 2 excel files…the first sheet of both the files have Table of Contents with hyperlinks to different sheets and to other files…I create copies of these 2 files everymonth….Is there a way I can retain the Hyperlinks when i make copies …Someone please help

March 1st, 2010 at 11:34 pm